Today’s parents know that breastfeeding is best for the baby, best for the mother, and best for the greater community. However, sometimes mothers need help meeting their breastfeeding goals. And parenting a baby or toddler can pose surprising challenges, even for the most caring mothers and fathers.
Jan Tedder, IBCLC (Lactation Consultant), BS RN (Registered Nurse), and FNP (Family Nurse Practitioner) is here to help.
Jan Tedder’s Mission and Vision
Mission: To help mothers meet their breastfeeding goals and to help parents prevent and solve problems around their child’s eating, sleeping, parent-child interaction, and attachment.
Vision: To provide family-friendly education that brings out the best in babies and their parents.
Jan’s Credentials and Experience
- IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant)
- Registered Nurse with advanced training from Duke University’s Child Development Center
- Community Mentor for Duke Family Residency Program
- Adjunct Faculty at UNC Family Medicine Center
- Family Nurse Practitioner providing primary care (well- and sick-child care), parent teaching, and breastfeeding support at Wake Health Services, SAS Health Care, Lakewood Family Practice, and UNC Family Medicine
- Honored professional: American Nurses Assn 2020 Innovative Nurse, Maternal Child Health Nurse of the Year, Sigma Theta Tau Community Nursing Award, Top HealthBlogger, National Health Information
- Parent Educator: Developed HUG Your Baby, an award-winning, international parent education program
- International Teacher: taught physicians, lactation consultants, nurses, midwives, doulas, and childbirth, infant massage and parent educators around the world (International Teaching Tour Book)
- Certification in T. B. Brazelton’s Neonatal Behavioral Assessment Scale and Community Touchpoints
- Graduate of UNC-Charlotte and UNC-Chapel Hill
- Jan Tedder’s Resume